Effective Date: October 2018
- What information we collect.
- How we use and share the information we collect.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your information.
- The security procedures in place to protect your information.
We do not (and will not) sell any data collected on this website. We decry the sale of personal data and protect your information with the best technology we can find.
Information We Collect:
We collect information to operate effectively and provide better services to our users. We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you provide us. We collect and have access to information that you voluntarily provide us via registration, the inquiry form, or other communication from you. Such information may include personal information such as your name, email, and address, among other things.
- Information we get from your use of our Services. We also use service providers, such as Google Analytics, to automatically track and collect certain types of non-personal information, such as your browser and/or system information and http requests, when you access or use our website and any services that we provide to you on, from, or through the website (collectively, the “Services”). Please see the section on “Cookies and Website Analytics” for more detailed information.
How We Use and Share the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect, and improve the Services, to develop and provide new products and services, and to protect SMW and our users. We also use the information to communicate with you, for example, responding to your questions or requests and informing you about your account, security updates, any upcoming changes or improvements of the Services, and any new products and services.
We will not share your personal information (i.e., information that identifies you) with any third party outside of our organization unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent. We will share your personal information with parties outside of SMW when we have your consent to do so. Except for the cases listed below, we require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- With service providers. We may engage third-party service providers to perform certain functions and assist us in providing you with and improving the Services. They will have access to your personal information needed to perform their functions, and such access will be subject to their contractual obligations to keep the information confidential and secure. Currently, we use Google Analytics to track appointments data and Stripe for payments.
- For legal reasons. We may share personal information with third parties if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of SMW, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Business transfers. If we buy, or are sold to, another entity, customer information generally is included in the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing privacy notice.
- We may use and disclose aggregated, non-personal information in any manner, including to share it with third parties to analyze and understand general trends and usage statistics of our Services.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
At SMW, we strive to provide our users with access to and control over their information. You may do the following on your own by going to your account and/or by contacting us through the inquiry form on our website:
- See what information we have about you, if any.
- Change and/or correct any information we have about you.
- Have us delete any information we have about you (subject to our rights to keep it to the extent necessary to comply with applicable law, to enforce our agreements with you, or protect ourselves or others).
- Express any concern you have about our use of your information.
- Opt out of future communications from us (but note that opting out of communications from us may mean we cannot provide the Services to you).
In order to access and use our Services, a user must first complete the registration process. During registration, a user is required to give certain information (such as name, email, and address) to us. You may also provide optional information (such as your bio or photo) about yourself, but that is not required.
We strive to protect your information by building our website on a reputable framework and by using respected third parties, such as Heroku, to host our website. You can read more about what security measures are in place to protect your information through Heroku at Heroku Security
Please understand that while we try our best to safeguard your information through the above measures, no Internet or email transmission is 100% secure or error free. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer.
Cookies and Website Analytics
We use "cookies" on our website. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help improve your access to our website and identify repeat visitors to our website. Cookies enable us to track the usage and interests of our users to enhance users’ experience on our website. If you block or otherwise reject our cookies, the Services (or portions of them) may not function.
Our website also uses a Website analytics provider, currently Google Analytics provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). These services mainly use first-party cookies to report on users’ interactions on our website. The information generated by cookies about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by the analytics provider. See how Google Analytics collects and processes data and what choices you have as a user at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites, or any other URL Google may provide from time to time.
Do Not Track Notice
No Information from Children
Our Services are not intended for users under eighteen (18) years of age, and we do not knowingly collect information from them. If you are under 18, please do not use or access our Services at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any information of users under 18 that has been collected on our website upon learning of the existence of such information.